Thursday, August 11, 2011

Baby K {announcement}

"So we fasted and implored our God for this, and he listened to our entreaty." {Ezra 8:23}
Mr. Big {my hubby} and I prayed around June or July 2010 and asked God when we should start trying to have a baby. We felt like God said "in the new year". In late September, I fasted for 21 days, doing the "Daniel Fast" {basically during this fast you can only eat wheat, veggies, fruit, and water..click here to learn more}. I petitioned God, humbled myself by giving up a bulk of my foods, and asked God to hear my prayer, to have mercy & compassion, and answer--I asked to get pregnant by the end of February, to have a healthy & normal baby. {Let me be honest and say that was the hardest fast I have ever done and the first week I was so hungry and grouchy}

We took our "babymoon" to Maui in January, and once I got back I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. I was a little disappointed. Our church, The Village Church, encourages us to fast the first Wednesday of every month, and we gather together at Elder-led prayer. So, on Feb. 2nd I fasted and didn't eat anything all day, once again saying the same prayer as before, and added the phrase "give me the gift of pregnancy".

Well my friends...God hears and answers...and He has been beyond merciful to us! God got us pregnant the next week. I took a pregnancy test on March 6, the night before my birthday, and the test came out positive! I spent my birthday at my OBGYN's office getting blood-work done, and yep...I'm pregnant! God literally answered my prayer by giving me the best birthday gift EVER!!

Please continue to pray for baby K. For a healthy, beautiful, normal baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be shy!