Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I just put our birth announcement/Christmas cards in the mail. A little late I know, but I can't seem to keep up with things. Hopefully I'll get into a good groove soon as I adjust to motherhood!




Our lives as a family has drastically changed this year, and as we look back at 2011 it is clear to see what God has been teaching us. This year has been a year learning to trust God. 2011 began with me going through Steps at the Village Church {a repentance and reconciliation ministry} where I began to learn to let go of my need to control and trust God. This theme of trusting the Lord was again echoed in my Bible study group. Hubby and I had to trust God in his timing to get us pregnant and we were over joyed when we found out the night before my birthday in March that we were expecting! We had to trust God, and pray persistently, for the health of our growing baby. Then, we learned even more to trust God during the birth of Caleb

Yes, this year has been a year of learning to trust God {not an easy task}, learning that trust grows out of abiding in God, and seeking and resting in His presence on a daily basis. And so, Jeremiah 17 has been our pursuit this year with its beautiful picture of what trust looks like:
 5 Thus says the LORD:
“Cursed is the man who trusts in man
   and makes flesh his strength,[a]
   whose heart turns away from the LORD.
6 He is like a shrub in the desert,
   and shall not see any good come.
He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness,
   in an uninhabited salt land.
 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
   whose trust is the LORD.
8 He is like a tree planted by water,
   that sends out its roots by the stream,
and does not fear when heat comes,
   for its leaves remain green,
and is not anxious in the year of drought,
   for it does not cease to bear fruit.” 

This is my hope and prayer for all my friends and family: that we would trust in the LORD, both in the good times and the bad. Merry {late} Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Big K Christmas through the years:

 Our 1st Christmas as the Big K fam 2008!

Christmas 2009 at the Gaylord Texan

Christmas 2010 {last time as a family of 3}

Christmas 2011 {Big K Fam, party of 4}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, so don't be shy!