Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy {12 Months} Caleb!

We made it to the 1 year mark, hooray! Caleb is alive and healthy, and I feel a little wiser as a mother! Can you tell that I'm a first time momma?!?! We celebrated Caleb's 1 year birthday this past Saturday, and I can't wait to share all the pictures from that special day!


Dear Caleb,
I can't believe you are officially a TODDLER now! Where, oh where, did the past 365 days go?? Daddy and I can't image life without you, and we are so blessed that God chose us to be your parents!

 
This past month has brought the most changes...you are WALKING! You learned to take your first "real" steps when Grandma Kay was here, and within a week you were officially on the go. At first you wanted to hold my hand 24/7 while walking, but a week before your birthday you refused my hand. I'm going to be honest...I'm glad you can walk on your own, but I miss you wanting to hold my hand.


You've learned the word "topez" {um, it's spanish...and well...only your grandparents speak it, so I'm not 100% sure on the spelling}. When anyone says "topez" you come to them and give them a headbutt. Your great-grandpa would be so proud! "Topez" was his thing.


Now, for the stats:
Weight: 27lbs
Heigth: 2' 7"
Head: 19"

Dude! You are a giant! But, since you were born at 9lbs 10.5oz the doctor said you're healthy, and this weight gain is normal {you're still in the 95% in your age/size}. My back and neck thank you for your ability to walk...momma doesn't have enough muscles to carry a 27lb baby toddler. 

Caleb, I love watching you chase Ariel {although Ariel doesn't like it}, I love playing with you, taking you to the park, and watching you splash like crazy in the bath! You give the sweetest wet kisses, and super strong bear hugs, and I hope you never get tired of cuddling with me!


This year has been a lot of learning for me, but also a lot of fun! I'm excited to have you as my little toddler, and can't wait to see what this next year brings!! Daddy and I will love you forever, like you for always, and as long as you're living, our baby you'll be! We love you CK!















8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Caleb! What an amazing day. Isn't it crazy to think back to a year ago, and especially two years ago?! Man, God is good. Hope you had a wonderful birthday bash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soooo crazy!! God IS good!! Thanks Brittaney! =)

      Delete
  2. Happy 1 year, Mr. Caleb! I sure can tell how much you are loved! Your Momma sure is a sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! Look how chunky and cute he is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kendall! =) he is definitely my little chunksters!

      Delete
  4. Look at that hair now! The cutest baby! I love the pictures. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! My hubby keeps asking me to cut CK's hair, but I just love it long and wild ;-)

      Delete

I love reading your comments, so don't be shy!