Tuesday, August 28, 2012

CK's {1st Birthday} Design

Caleb will be turning 1 in exactly 2 months and 2 weeks, eekkk!  Well, it's a good thing I already have Caleb's party invitations made! Ha! No, I'm not crazy, I'm just really organized.

I want to go over the top crazy with Caleb's birthday party because I love to party, but I want to stay within a tight budget. No that's not an oxymoron, it's just going to require a lot of DIY decorations/projects and proper planning. When Caleb turned 6 months I started brainstorming party themes:
1. Neverland/Peter Pan Party
2. Fox Party
3. Fall Festival
4. Enchanted Princess Party {oh wait, I have a son}
5. Open Season Party

Well, we chose #5, the Open Season Party theme about a month ago, and since then I have been a busy little bee trying to start the planning process. My hubby is a hunter and is beyond thrilled with the party theme {*disclaimer* "Open Season" will be a forest friends theme and no animals will be injured during the planning and/or party}.

During the party planning process, I like to start with designing the invitation. After you design the invitation, then you can incorporate the invitation's colors and design into the decor of the party. I think the invitation should be a "sneak peek" of what guests can expect to see at the party.

So, here is CK's party invite:

With a little time and effort, I created Caleb's invitation using Photoshop. I chose to use gingham because camo makes me want to barf. Sorry. I support my hubby's hunting hobby, but I draw the line at camouflage. When I think of a huntsman/outdoorsman/forrest theme, I think of a lumberjack and flannel, so I chose gingham. 

I have the party favors picked out for CK's party and it is going to be so AWESOME, but I'll keep that a surprise for our guests!!! Now it's time to start all the DIY decorations {hey! I know I have 2 months, but you don't want to be in a rush. trust me!}. Here's what I'm thinking:

Source:

 I have a lot of work to do, so I need to get cracking on these projects! Want to come over and play crafts??? I have a TON of "pins" on my Pinterest that I need to go through to help me get started on the decor.

I know Caleb won't remember his 1 year party, but I love throwing parties! I loved Chi Omega in college and having themed socials/parties and matching t-shirts! So, don't hate my party-loving-heart!

Seriously though, want to come over and craft? Ha!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your ideas and the invitation is adorable! I think Gingham is a great choice! My little guy is only 5 months and I'm already pinning 1st birthday inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so don't be shy!