Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Big K Vaca {part 2}

Like I said last time, Caleb did not enjoy the beach water in Grayton Beach, FL...




 I was sad, because I LOVE the beach! Seriously...the ONLY place I would leave the great nation state of Texas for is a house on the beach {preferably Maui}. Maybe CK will enjoy the beach next time, but for now, he was perfectly happy on the shore and taking naps on grandma Kay.



Thankful for my mom and those naps because it gave us time to enjoy the water and those waves! 









 CK was definitely the COOLEST kid in Grayton Beach!



I think we asked my dad to buy the beach house in FL about 100 times during those 8 days! My brother lives in Alabama {yes, he left the great TX} and the rest of us 3 "kids" are spread out over TX, so Florida would be a good central location...duh!

All of us 5 "kids" went to Panama Beach for the day. We goofed off, shopped, and watched a movie...just like old times.




 We tried to teach CK how to crawl...using food, his favorite thing!



...no crawling, but lots of wiggling.


We even had an "unbirthday" celebration with a white elephant gift exchange...



 We tried to teach CK how to crawl some more...with food.



 We had so much fun!






We took Caleb to a bar...Red Bar on Grayton Beach!


And the boys went deep sea fishing! They were very successful and brought home dinner {to feed a few hundred}.


So much can change in 1 year. Last year we vacationed as a family of 2 in Maui, and this year there's 3! I loved every second of Grayton Beach, and I'm so thankful that my parents organized this vacation!!! ...back to Texas and real life now, y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so jealous! Looks like you guys had so much fun! Don't worry - maybe it will just take him some time to warm up to the idea of swimming :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, so don't be shy!